All Kaos Softwear is manufactured from medical implant grade silicone that is biocompatible. It is free of toxins, such as formaldehyde or other questionable materials. All materials are obtained and manufactured within the U.S., then batch tested. It meets government safety guidelines in accordance with California Prop 65 and current regulations restricting the use of lead, phthalates, and cadmium.
The silicone itself is not dyed. Pre-pigmented silicone dispersions that are marketed specifically to be mixed with other silicones for medical applications are used. MSDS is available upon request.
Benefits of Medical Implant Grade Silicone Body Jewelry
For people with metal allergies or sensitivities, Kaos Softwear provides a safe and comfortable alternative for healed piercings. The material conforms to your piercing and the flexible nature of the silicone allows for easy insertion and removal. Kaos body jewelry can also be worn in healed cartilage piercings.
Silicone is comfortable to wear no matter what your day to day activities include. Kaos Softwear can be worn while sleeping, during physical activities like sports, or even with headphones. Though it is not an issue to wear Kaos jewelry during showers, they are not recommended for wear in swimming pools. The chemicals from swimming pools can discolor the jewelry and cause irritation and/or dryness to your piercings. Trace amounts of these chemicals can be left on the jewelry or the piercing itself, so it is recommended that you thoroughly clean your jewelry immediately after swimming.
Silicone Care & Tips
- Autoclave or wash with soap and water prior to first use
- Ensure that all soap has been thoroughly rinsed off as soap can cause skin irritation
- Use lubrication, such as jojoba, emu, or tea tree oil, for insertion and to reduce any chances of irritation
- Silicone should not be used in fresh piercings or to stretch piercings; it should only be used in healed piercings or piercings that have healed after stretching, including cartilage piercings
- Silicone is not compatible with Madacide, chemiclaves, or any other toxic chemical exposure
- Handling with latex gloves may impart latex onto the silicone. It can be permanent and this may cause potential problems for people with latex sensitivity